But I indeed accomplished loads of tasks during these days, like completing all Hacker Rank puzzles, from the Statistics competition. In the beginning, the puzzles were easy to moderate levels, but the last ones were an almost impossible mission to accomplish. This website for competitions is excellent, once you can practice not only when the game is running, but there are also small puzzles to solve whenever you want regarding several different programming languages, like R, SQL, Python, Javascript, C++, and others.
Within the topics, the Statistics challenge covered subjects as:
- Standard Deviation
- Basic Probability
- Normal Distribution
- The Central Limit Theorem
- Correlation
- Linear Regression
- Correlation and Regression Lines
- Multiple Linear Regression
- Predictions
The week results were not surprising: only 10% of total attendees in competition actually completed it. And I finished in 96th in the rank! Yay! :)
Current Rank: 96
By the way, I am trying to create my study planning for three months, and it's a bit complicated to do this, mainly when you have few experience dealing with the subject you want. But I am sure I'll get it! :)
To finish this day, I would like to let this checklist within qualification skills a data analyst should have, according to NCS (National Careers Service) website:
- a high level of mathematical ability
- good IT skills
- the ability to analyse, model and interpret data
- strong problem-solving skills
- a methodical and logical approach
- the ability to plan work and meet deadlines
- a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- good interpersonal skills to work as part of a team;
- excellent written and spoken communication skills including report writing
So, these skills will be my primary focus on next three months.
Hence, I don't want to be a Data Analyst. I want to be the BEST Data Analyst!
Tomorrow I will tell you about the last Meet Up event I attended last Thursday:
Data Science in Spacecraft Missions & Space Research, hosted by Royal Statistical Society and presented by ASI.
Have good dreams!
See ya!
Source:
No comments:
Post a Comment